MOLLY O'DAY 'The Soul of Molly O'Day, Vol. 2'
This was the second and last record that Molly O’Day cut after coming out of a long retirement from recording in the late 1960s. It was recorded for the obscure Ohio-based G.R.S. label, and while not as good as her superb REM album (now available as OH-312-CD, $ 13.50), is still a very nice, recommended piece. Like the REM album it features just guitars in the accompaniment—it’s a solid, down-home recording with some fine songs like BLIND CHILD, SNOW COVERED MOUND, JUST AS THE SUN WENT DOWN, I’LL SHOUT & SHINE, IT WON’T BE LON and GOOD MAN OF THE HOUSE IS COMING BACK.
- WHEN JUDGEMENT REACHES HOME
- I'LL SHOUT AND SHINE
- WHEN I INHERIT MY MANSION
- IT WON'T BE LONG
- GOOD MAN OF THE HOUSE IS COMING BACK
- JUST AS THE SUN WENT DOWN
- SNOW COVERED MOUND
- BLIND CHILD
- CROSSING OVER THE RIVER
- THANK GOD FOR MY CHRISTIAN HOME
- HE WAS WAITING AT THE ALTAR
- SINNER MAN WHERE YOU GONNA HIDE.