MERLE MONROE 'Songs of a Simple Life' PRC-1256-CD
Standout recordings on Songs of a Simple Life include a must-hear rendition of “(I’d Be) A Legend In My Time” which showcases a different side of the band, "Goodbye Marie", and "Shelby Tell Me". Over the years, the track has been covered by Country greats like Ronnie Milsap, Johnny Cash, Roy Orbison, Waylon Jennings, etc.
To date, the record has already produced THREE number one radio hits. With the first release “God’s Still In Control” being unveiled late spring of 2020, the song served as a leading inspiration to help get fans through the raging pandemic. It was followed by the second single “Hello Sunshine” last fall, which went on to top the Bluegrass charts for multiple weeks, becoming one of the group’s best charting songs. The track offered a glimmer of hope and optimism that was very much needed at the time. They also unveiled the hard-driving third single, “I’m Leaving Town Tonight” earlier this year which would spend multiple weeks in the top spot of the Bluegrass Today Weekly Airplay Chart.
On Songs of a Simple Life, Merle Monroe is moving into new territory. Founded by members Tim Raybon and Daniel Grindstaff, they’re charging full steam ahead. Raybon has proven himself as one of the genre’s most promising songwriters. In addition to writing THREE Number One hits for Merle Monroe over the last year, the hitmaker took his craft to new heights on the new record, penning an impressive seven cuts. Playing on the record includes Tim Raybon (vocals, guitar, bass), Daniel Grindstaff (vocals, banjo), Derek Deakins (fiddle), Kent Blanton (bass), Stephen Burwell (fiddle), Andy Leftwich (mandolin), Harry Stinson (percussion), Trey Hensley (guitar), Kevin Richardson (guitar), Gaven Largent (resophonic guitar), Harry Clark (mandolin) and Josh Swift (resophonic guitar).
1. Hello Sunshine (written by Tim Raybon)
2. Goodbye Marie (written by Dennis Linde, Mel McDaniel)
3. I’m Leaving Town Tonight (written by Tim Raybon)
4. Shelby Tell Me (written by Tim Raybon)
5. Harlan Darlin’ (written by Tim Stafford, Bobby Starnes)
6. (I’d Be) A Legend in My Time (written by Don Gibson)
7. Roll On Muddy River (written by Vern and Rex Gosdin)
8. Renae Rose (written by Tim Raybon)
9. Sing His Praises Forever (written by Tim Raybon)
10. Saginaw Michigan (written by Bill Anderson, Don Wayne)
11. Forget About You (written by Tim Raybon)
12. God’s Still In Control (written by Tim Raybon)